Tuesday 30 October 2012

Monday Night Raw Review 29/10/12

Last week took ages, because I was trying to write word-for-word what everyone was saying.  I won't do it this time, so I will probably miss a sentence here and there, if I don't hear it or can't type fast enough.  Enjoy!

We start Raw recapping the controversial ending to the WWE Championship match last night.  CM Punk is introduced.  He hobbles out to the ring, showing the damage from last night with taped up ribs.  Cole and JR are on commentary this evening as we are in Charlotte, North Carolina.  Flair Country.  Hmm.  Also, Hardy Country, although I think they're South Carolina.  Anyway!

CM Punk shakes his head as he says

You all thought he was unbeatable.  You all said it couldn't be done.  You all thought, no you all knew that I was gonna be just another victim in this trail of bodies left behind by the monster Ryback.  Well I proved you all wrong.  Hey, Bucket Head (JR), you were wrong.  You were wrong.  You were wrong.  You were wrong.  You were wrong.  You. Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.  You were wrong.  You were all wrong and you were proven wrong by me.  For 344 days I have proved you all wrong.  Hell, since day 1 I have been proving you all wrong.  I have defeated every single one of your heroes.  I've survived everything they've had to offer.  I remember when Rey Mysterio thought he could fly at my expense and I snatched him out of the sky and I put him to sleep.  I remember the so called Apex Predator told me he was gonna send me to the hospital.  Well I proved the Anaconda Vice is better than any Viper.  And then there is the resident Superman, John Cena.  And yet time and time again I defeat him, and I show him what Kryptonite is.  And as far as Ryback is concerned  he is not even in the conversation.  I do want to take this time to talk about my monumental victory last night, which should be applauded.  But ever since that victory it's been marred in controversey, and people have been pointing at me saying I convinced an official to put his hands on Ryback.  This will be a hard pill for you to swallow but I had nothing to do with it.  I was on Ryback's shoulders and knew that Shell Shocked was coming and I was half right because I was shocked of what happened.  I will tell you what I told Vickie Guerrero and that the only thing I am guilty of is taking advantage of a situation because of the rogue referee. That referee is called Brad Maddox.  Just to show you how incompetent Maddox is, he was hired by AJ Lee, which should tell you everything right there.  It's not the first time he';s shown incompetence.  About a month ago he cost me a match so I don't know if this was returning the favour or whatever but trust me when I tell you I had nothing to do with it.  You can not believe me, you can hate on me all you want, but the list goes on and on for heroes I have defeated.  Triple H,  Mr. McMahon, the entire Titan Tower machine that tried to erase me from their history books but I am irrerasable, I am the best in the world.  And I can stand here in the middle of this ring and proudly say I am WWE Champion for 344 days.  And I look at Ryback differently, because I see him in my rear view mirror.  I will go on to better things and.... I WILL NOT, BE INTERRUPTED! GAH!

Hardcore Legend Mick Foley interrupts, by the way.

That's right everybody hey look it's foley, foley.  It's a homeless man who has clearly been displaced from the storm in the north east

Foley:  That's good the way you make light of a situation that's effecting millions in America.,  Stay classy punk.  It's nice that you've still got your sense of humour considering you were left splattered on top of the cell 245 hours ago

Punk:  What's your point mick?  Why are you even here?  The last time I saw you, the last time the world saw you, you were on the floor after I kicked your ass.

Foley:  I didn't come out here, right here, in Charlotte North Caroline, to embarrass you Punk.  The way I see it you did an excellent job embarrassing yourself in the cell.

Punk:  Did you come here to judge me?

Foley:  I'm not here to judge you.  I'm here to tell you.  Last month I gave you a choice!  Did you want a defining moment or did you want to be a statistic?  I gave you a chance to live up to the legacy and tradition of HIAC and you blew it!

Punk:  Tradition!  You're going to bark at me about tradition?  Look at me!  This is your tradition.  This is the same tradition that legends would yell at you about, because you are the one that jumps off roofs and jumps onto barbed wire to win a match.  This is what your tradition does to superstars so don't yell at me about tradition.  No, I don't suck, I'm not from Charlotte North Carolina!  

Crowd continue to chant 'You suck'

Here we go, yeah, give me all you got I have an idea.  You wanna bark to me about tradition?  This, for 344 days and we're approaching SS the same PPV in which I won this title.  You keep popping up like a bad penny.  Seems to me you wanna do something about it.  Let's have a traditional survivor series match.  Yeah, yeah, Team Foloey against Team Punk.  

Foley:Your team against my team.  Team foley against Team Punk... you're on.

Punk:  I'll tell you right now, whoever you pick...

FEED ME.  Ryback marches to the ring, and Punk hightails it outta there, along with Heyman.  Ad break.

Ryback is in a match against JTG.  This should be a SLOBBERKNOCKER!  RIP JTG.

Goldberg chants start up already.  JTG tries to dodge Ryback but Ryback grabs him by the head and drops him to the mat.  He picks JTG up and slams him in front of him.  In the corner, Ryback whips JTG across and charges.  JTG dodges but Ryback scouts it and hits a very surprising Lous Thesz press, followed by slamming the back of JTG's head against the mat.  Ryback picks him up and hits the Meat Hook Clothesline before signalling the end of the squash.  Shell Shocked gets a one, two, three.  Very surprised by the Lous Thesz press.  Ryback does it better than Orton.

Post-match promo?  Blimey.

Josh Matthews:  Excuse me Ryback.  After the events that happened last night, you must have an appetite for revenge

Ryback:  Revenge is a confession of pain.  I am not hurt, I am hungry.  And when I feast again, it will be on CM Punk.  Feed! Me! Punk!  Feed! Me! Punk!  Feed! Me! Punk!

Short and sweet, as it probably should be.  Ryback's actions will almost always speak louder than words, unless he gets a mouthpiece.  Flair?  It could happen.

Orton vs Wade Barrett now.  I love Wade.  Dunno if I've made that clear yet.  The reason for this match is because they had a match on Smackdown! that Barrett WON!  Even though Del Rio distracted Orton, that's not the point.

Collar and elbow tie up starts with Wade forcing Orton in the corner.  The ref breaks it up as Wade points to Orton's injured arm from last night.  Wade with a headlock on Orton, who fights out with forearms and whips Wade followed by a dropkick.  Barrett rolls outside but Orton runs after him and goes for a clothesline.  Wade ducks and wrenches Orton's arm.  Orton counters by bouncing Wade's head on the steps.  Wade head first on the Spanish announce table and is tossed back in the ring.  Methodical stomps by Orton on Wade.  Knee drop and head stomp by Orton, the sick bastard.  Barrett fights back with straight punches to the gut and head.  Orton off the ropes, hangs on and Barrett charges with a boot but misses.  With Barrett caught on the ropes, Orton clotheslines him out of the ring as we hit an ad break.

We're back with Wade working over Orton's arm.  Clever boy.  Orton breaks it with headbutts but eats a knee to the gut by Wade and a 2 count.  Wade goes right back to the arm of Orton.  Orton clubs Wade so Wade drives his leg across Orton's arm.  Orton sells the arm well, clutching it in pain as Wade brings him up and sends him shoulder first into the turnbuckle.  Arm wringer by Barrett saw a 2 count.  Barrett drives his knee into the back of Orton's head with the assistance of the ropes, and pulls his neck over the top rope before delivering knee shots to the ribs of Orton.  Wade backs up and hits a running big boot on Orton, who lands on the apron.  Barrett happy with what he's done.  Me too!  Barrett goes for the cover but gets two.  Arm bar by Barrett keeps Orton in control.  Orton back up, sends Barrett to the corner before hitting his clotheslines and powerslam.  By the way, I've never considered Preston near Manchester.  Screw you, Cole.  Orton goes for the rope DDT, which connects.  Orton sells the arm before taunting Wade, setting up for the RKO.  Wade counters the RKO with the WINDS OF CHANGE, COLE!  2 count for Barrett.  Barrett signals for the Souvenir Elbow, but Orton ducks it and hits an RKO for the win.  Not surprising.

When are they going to put Wade in the main event?  He should be on Team Punk. We'll see.

AJ Lee and Vickie are backstage

Vickie: Excuse me?  Miss Lee.  I've asked you to be here tonight so you can explain your affair with John Cena.

AJ: I did not have an affair with John Cena, we are just friends.

Vickie:  Don't raise your voice at me y'know the board of directors did fire you based on your actions. And they've asked me to consider hiring you back as an in-ring performer.  As managing supervisor of Raw, the board of directors have entrusted me to see if you have what it takes to succeed under my administration.  Is there a problem Miss Lee?

AJ:  No.

Vickie: Okay, I have all the information I need.  Good day.

AJ:  Wait.  I'm sorry.  I want to compete, I want to perform again.

Vickie:  Great, then we'll start with our first question.  What do you consider to be your biggest weakness?

AJ:  I don't know, I guess I can be too emotionally attached to my job

Vickie:  Are you telling me that you're crazy?  Heh, never mind  look when I come back to my office, I want you to give me one good reason why I should issue you a contract, haha. 

Ad break.

Team Hell No vs Prime Time Players

Daniel  Bryan out first, closely followed by Kane for this non-title tag match.  Bryan and Young start the match with Young beating Bryan down in the corner.  Whip to the corner is dodged by Bryan who takes Young down, followed by kicks to the chest.  Kane tags himself in, which annoys Bryan.  Kane gets hung up on the ropes but gives Young a Throat Thrust followed by corner clothesline as Bryan tags himself in.  Bryan hits Young with the running front dropkick in the corner Kane was standing, then backs away quickly so Kane couldn't tag himself in again.  Titus O'Neil tags in and knocks Bryan down, followed by a Scoop Slam.  Bryan fights back with hits to the mid-section but Titus shoves him away, followed by a Power Slam and cover for 2.  Young back in with a double shoulder block followed by an Elbow Drop to the back of Bryan.  Young with a knee to the back of Bryan slaps on a reverse chin lock.  Waist lock by Young, as Bryan fights back with elbows and forearms.  Young counters with a knee to the gut and attempts a back suplex, but Bryan flips over it and hits a running, jumping clothesline.  Kane tags himself in and unloads on Young in the corner.  Whipped to the opposite sides, Kane delivers clotheslines in each corner before hitting his Side Slam for a 2 count.  Kane goes up for his clothesline, which he connects with, then delivers a right hand to Titus, who tried to enter the match.  Young tries to take advantage but eats a Chokeslam from Kane.  Titus in, but Kane grabs him by the throat and throws him out.  Bryan tags himself in and puts the No Lock on Young, who taps out.  Bryan celebrates, grabbing both titles and proudly shouting 'I'm the tag team champions!'  Kane is stood behind me, Bryan slowly turns round and still yells as Kane sets off his Pyro.  Both men argue in the ring.

Standard tag match, I guess.  I don't think it actually meant anything, to be honest, unless a title shot is in the Prime Time Players future. Ad break.

We're back and they go over what happened at the start of the show.  The announcers go over the now infamous Brad Maddox, and how this isn't his first mistake, as they show last month's Raw when Maddox counted the pin despite Punk's foot being on the ropes.  They then show us Maddox's low blow to Ryback, leading to CM Punk's victory at Hell in a Cell.

Vickie Guerrero is out now:

"My name is Vickie Guerrero. and I am here to reassure all of you that this is a new era of Monday Night Raw, filled with credibility and integrity.  All week on twitter I promised you, the WWE Universe, that I would bring forth hard evidence proving that John Cena and AJ Lee had an inappropriate relationship.  Tonight I  have kept my promise, so ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the superstar at the heart of the AJ scandal, John Cena.'

Enter Cena. Bllllllllllllllllllllabadooo!  Or whatever.

'I wanna thank you guys for being kind enough to put up with this, Vickie I thought your actions last week were outrageous.  And than you went to social networking and told the world that you had undeniable proof of some sort of relationship between myself and AJ.  The reason I am out here with you tonight is to clear all this up.  Please, show the world your.. proof.'

Vickie Guerrero:  'Well John I'd be happy to, shall we start with the footage from 3 weeks ago from this very ring, when you asked AJ on a date'

Cena:  Yep, that's right, in this very ring I asked AJ out to In and Out burger, and in this very ring I've referred to myself as the fighting fruity pebble, the one-armed man... it was a joke.  Everyone here understood it, everyone here understood it

Vickie:  Haha, what about last week?

They show last week where Cena and AJ hugged

Cena:  Yeah. that one's easy.  Aj just lost her job, because of you.  It's a job she never thought she had, a job she's wanted for her whole life.  She didn't lose it because of bad decisions, she lost it because of you.  I was consoling her'

Vickie:  So, are you trying to say good friends meet over romantic dinners?

Vickie shows a picture of Cena and AJ having dinner

Cena:  That, was the dinner I told the world about last week.  I had dinner with AJ.  A business dinner to discuss when I would return from injusry

Vickie:  John, you are pathetic, you seem to have an answer for everything, so let's try this footage

They show Cena at an elevator, inviting AJ in.

Vickie:  Let's just paint the picture right now, shall we?  AJ's giving you googly eyes.  She's giving you the sweet little, with her body language.  Would you be in an elevator saying, maybe come here?  Seems very interesting.

Crowd chant "you are busted!"  Hahahahaha.  Excellent/

Cena:  I know how that looks.  Vickie laughs.  AJ had lost her job, she came out of the elevator to confront you, but I convinced her not to.  All you saw was two people getting into an elevator, that's it. 

Vickie:  Are you telling me two people got into an elevator and just went their separate ways?

Cena:  No, no.  I've been honest so far I will continue to be.  We got into the elevator, I walked her to her door, that was it.

Vickie:  Did she perhaps open her door?  Did you perhaps walk in?  Did she then give you the googly eyes? Did you smell her sweet perfume?  did you happen to just say goodnight to each other?  Y';know what it's a good thing I'm in charge of Monday Night Raw because I would not have faith in that disgusting, psychotic. unstable --

Cena:  Enough, woah woah.  You can call me all the names you want, but when it comes to AJ, she is stronger, more resilient and certainly more attractive than you will ever be.

Vickie:  Once again, from John Cena's mouth, you think AJ is resilient?  You thin she is attractive?

Cena:  I said... she was attrac.. I mean more attrac--

I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD, I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORRRRRLD

Ziggler: John come on, I think we've all seen enough to draw our own conclusion here.  Because of your inability to control your sophomoric urges.  Myself, and the entire WWE universe see you and AJ for what you really ar---

Cena:  Listen real good.  You like to talk, just make sure you never mention my or AJ's name in the same sentence again.

Cena shoves Ziggler to the floor.  RUDE.  Ad break.

Miz is ringside as Cesaro is in the ring.

Cesaro: While travelling this country...

USA chant breaks out

Cesaro:  While travelling this country as YOUR United States Champion, I discovered something.  America, has the fattest children in the world!  And to make things even worse, Halloween is coming up.  That silly American holiday where Obese kids go door to door, begging sweets from irresponsible idiotic adults who don't see a crisis even if it's stood right in front of them dressed up as a fat power range.  Now. more than ever, America needs Antonio Cesaro as THEIR United States Champion.

I gotta say, I completely agree with that promo.  I can't stand Halloween.  Kingston enters for this Champion vs Champion match.

Cesaro starts with a judo hip toss and elbow followed by a straight headbutt to the face.  Kingston in the corner gets thrown but Kingston cartwheels out of it.  Kingston whipped into the corner, but kicks Cesaro in the face as he charges in.  Cesaro hangs Kingston up on the ropes and hits a running knee followed by fall away slam.  Scoop slam by Cesaro followed by a double foot stomp.  Arm lock on the mat by Cesaro.  Kingston struggles out of it with elbows to the gut, but Cesaro hits a knee.  Kingston hits an elbow followed by a powerful front dropkick, sending Cesaro out of the ring.  Cesaro goes for a clothesline outside the ring but Kingston steps up the ring steps and hits a superman punch.  Kingston starts talking trash to Miz and Cesaro takes advantage.  Kingston counters by throwing Cesaro over the announce booth and into Miz.  There was no need for that.  Miz, understandably pissed off, goes after Kingston, causing the disqualification.  Cesaro and Miz beat down Kingston before R-Truth comes out in a really brown suit and chases Miz off.  Cesaro goes to attack R-Truth but Truth sends him packing, too.

Match didn't really get started.  It wasn't about that match, it was about setting up possible storylines, which is fine with me.

We're back with AJ and Vickie in the ring:

Vickie:  John Cena said out there about your relationship, you have to admit you care a littlebit about him

AJ:  Nothing is going on and you know it okay

Vickie:  Just tell me something, how was the pillow talk and did he give you a goodnight kiss.  Was it romantic and sweet?  Just admit you care for John Cena.  I'll put you on my roster, you'll be a diva.

AJ:  No.  I'm not going to do that because nothing happened.  I don't know who gave you those pictures or video, but I refuse... look, Vickie, the WWE means everything to me, but you are not worth lying for, for hurting John or shredding my dignity.

Vickie:  Wait.  You're hired.  But under one condition, if you ever lay a hand on me, you will never ever be allowed around this company again.  So, welcome back to work and for tonight your first match will be against Beth Phoenix. 

AJ:  Thanks Vickie!

Aj bounds off, smiling, much to the confusion of Vickie.

Oh God, they do a VH1 style behind the music thing.  I'm not going to write what they say, but I'll sum it up. The main way I can justify it is by reminding myself that at least Drew McIntyre is on TV, even if he's a Bret Michaels character.  Ad break.

The 3MB are in the ring as we're back.  They're against Zack Ryder and Santino Marella.  Team Co-Bro.

Looks like it'll be Mahal and Slater wrestling.  No McIntyre, then.  Shame.  Mahal beats Ryder down before whipping him in the corner.  Ryder lifts his knees up and hits a missile dropkick.  Ryder with a forearm to Mahal who then sets up for the Broski Boot, which connects.  Slater distracts Ryder who gets hung up on the ropes.  Slater tags in and beats on Ryder before whipping him in the corner for a quick tag to Mahal.  Mahal does the same and Slater in with a jumping forearm smash for a 2 count.  Slater sends Ryder back in the corner with another tag to Mahal who hits a running jumping knee to the face of Ryder.  2 count and another tag to Slater.  Chin lock by Slater on the mat.  Santino plays cheerleader on the apron.  Slater sends Ryder into the corner and goes for a forearm but Ryder moves and tags Santino in.  Santino with his comeback set, strikes followed by the splits, hip toss and headbutt for a pin that is interrupted by Mahal.  Ryder sends Mahal out the ring and Santino puts on that bloody cobra sock.  Santino goes for the Cobra but McIntyre distracts Marella.  Santino off the ropes, hits McIntyre with a jumping Cobra but Slater hits his finisher on Santino for the win.  3MB celebrate in the ring as we hit another ad break.

Jerry Lawler returns in 2 weeks.  Good for him, glad to see he's better.

AJ Lee is out for her match against Beth Phoenix.

They stare each other down before Beth shoves AJ.  AJ slowly walks up toe Beth before being shoved down by Beth.  Beth dares AJ to do something about it, and calls her a failure.  AJ goes mad and takes Beth down with slaps.  She jumps on Beth's back, smashing her in the back but Beth overpowers AJ.  Beth throws AJ out of the ring and slams her back-first into the apron.  Is Beth leaving?  Is she not?  What's going on there?  2 count for Beth.  AJ rolls Beth up with an inside cradle for a very surprising 3 count.  Wasn't expecting that, but okay.

Vickie out

AJ, you know for a girl who wants to be a superstar more than anything else in the world, i demand a lot more from you

Beth Phoenix knocks AJ down

AJ, you really need to pay a lot more attention out there, so I'm going to give you one more chance to do better.  So referee, please start the match

Match is restarted, as Beth hits the Glam Slam for the 3 count.

I'm still not massively impressed with the graphics of WWE 13.  I'm sure it's just me.  I guess it's not about the graphics.  Anyway!  Sheamus is up next to make some bullshit excuse as to why he lost.  Or he'll say "Yeah I lost, but I want a rematch, fella! FELLLAAAAAA FELLAFELLA FELLAAAAAAAA!"

Sheamus is all smiles as he comes out.  YOU LOST, SHEAMUS!  TURN HEEL SO I CAN LIKE YOU AGAIN.  He may as well be heel, the cocky knob.

How is doin'?  So I'm standing out here tonight, without a championship around my waist, but a smile on my face.  Now you're probably asking how can you smile 24 hours after losing your championship to Big Show.  aren't you dissappointed? Of course i'm disappointed.  No one likes to lose, especially me.  I'm going to hold my hands up and say last night big show was the better man.  I mean, he knocked me out.  It took two KO punches to do it, but he knocked me out.  I mean, here's the thing  I didn't come to WWE to always win.  I cam here to FIGHT!  And last night was the greatest fight of my entire life.  I mean I stood toe to toe with a 7 foot 500 pound giant and I pushed him to the limit fella.  That's why I cam to WWE and what a match it was.  Big show kicking out of the brogue kick, me kicking out of the KO punch, the crowd on their feet!  But ultimately Big Show scored with the decisive blow and won the match.  He won the battle, but this war is far from ever.  Because right now I am dying to get back into the ring with Big  show.  I am dying for another fight.  It's not going to be a fight ,or a battle, it's going to be an all out war.  And when that war is over, I'll still be standing here with a smile on my face, and the World Heavyweight Championship back where it belongs.  Around my waist.  

Enter Big Show.

Ah it looks good doesn't it?  Doesn't it look good on my shoulder?  The World Heavyweight Champion, the Big Show! Haha, I told you I could do it. And you're out here with your smiles, like everything's all fine and dandy.  I know why you're smiling, you're hiding the truth, that both you and I know.  You gave me everything you had, even your Brogue Kick with all your Hooligan friends, and what happened?  You came up short, didn't you?  I did what I said I would do.  I walked in, knocked you out, and walked out the winner.  Don't boo me!  How can you boo me for telling the truth?!  You wanna talk about battles, wars, how you're going to rise above.  That fight took me to levels I didn't think I could reach.  Of everyone, you took me to a place no one else could.  Whatever you bring, it isn't going to be enough.  I wipe smiles off people faces and I enjoy it.  Sheamus look at me you red-headed ginger snap.  (nice)  You.  Can't.  Beat me.  And you will never take this championship from me.  (I missed some of that because my daughter was having a loud conversation with the sofa.

Y'know what Show that was a magnificent speech.  Congratulations on the World Heavyweight Championship.  I have a question for you, have you ever seen a Ginger snap? 

Sheamus picks Show up and hits White Noise.  Impressive, to be fair.  This feud continues, which is fine.  I hope Sheamus won't be quite as annoying this time.

Sin Cara and Mysterio vs Team Rhodes Scholars next.

We're back from break with Cena and AJ backstage.

Cena:  Look at you you're back in the ring.  We're going to get this straightened out I promise.

Vickie looks on in the background, rubbing her hands together

Beth Phoenix:  Vickie, I just wanna stop you and thank you for restarting the match

Vickie:  You're welcome, but if you had done your job right in the first place, I wouldn't of had to.  It's my duty to inform you that, effective immediately... you're fired

I guess that's my previous questions answered.  Well, that sucks.

Mysterio is out, followed by Sin Cara.  Rhodes Scholars follow them.

My recording was interrupted, so I missed the front part of the match.

Sandow tags Rhodes in who stomps on Mysterio.  Rhodes with Mysterio in the corner, whips him but misses a charge as Mysterio counters with a drop toe hold.  Cara tagged in with a double team on Rhodes.  Cara dropkicks Rhodes outta the ring then hits an Asai Moonsault on Rhodes.  Mysterio hits a rolling senton on Sandow on the outside.  Ad break.

Back with three pin attempts from Sandow.  Cara goes to tag Rey but Sandow grabs his leg and tags Rhodes in.  Rhodes with a stalling front suplex on Cara and a 2 count.  Rhodes with a knee to the back as he locks in an armbar.  Sandow yells at Cara, telling him to quit, give up and tap out.  Cara rolls through and lands kicks to Rhodes, but Rhodes reaches out and tags in Sandow.  Sandow buries his knee in Cara's throat.  Cara tries to go for Rey but Sandow forces him back to his corner, as he tags in Rhodes.  Rhodes goes for the Alabama Slam but Cara rolls out and goes for a pint attempt.  Cara hits what looked like his finisher, but wasn't, I don't think.  The announcers didn't mention it.  Cara gets the hot tag to Rey, who is donned in a Halloween-inspired outfit by the way.  Seated senton by Mysterio followed by a headscissors.  Mysterio off the ropes lands a kick to Rhodes but Rhodes throws Mysterio out of the ring.  Mysterio rolls through and hits a shoulder block on Rhodes.  Over-emphasised by Rhodes because Rey didn't land it flush but nevermind!  Sandow knocks Mysterio down on the apron, then Rhodes tags Sandow in.  Sandow hits his Russian Leg Sweep and the Elbow of Disdain for 2.  Rhodes in, beating Mysterio down in the corner as the crowd chant for the 619.  Team Rhodes Scholars continue to beat Mysterio down in the corner as Sandow is back in with an attempted supelx.  Mysterio counters with a small package for 2 and goes to tag Cara.  Sandow stops him and tags Rhodes in.  Rhodes hits a knee drop on Mysterio and stomps him down before going for a pin attempt.  Rhodes hits a running knee to Mysterio's hand.  Bad camera angle, mr. cameraman.  Sandow back in and they go for a double stalling suplex, but Mysterio counters with a double DDT.  Sin Cara is getting fired up, as Mysterio goes for the hot tag.  Cara off the ropes hits a double crossbody.  Cara hits the the Tajiri elbow followed by a step-up Enziguri for a 2.  Cara with Sandow off the hand goes for the beautiful arm drag off the turnbuckle.  Dropkick sends Sandow out, but Rhodes comes in to receive a headscissors by Cara, setting Rhodes up for the 619.  Mysterio goes for it by Rhodes ducks out of the way.  Rhodes sends Mysterio into the steps but Cara flies out with a corkscrew cross body on Rhodes.  Kick to Sandow from Cara who goes for the Swanton Bomb.  Cara misses as Rhodes pulls Sandow out of the way and Sandow hits his neckbreaker finisher on Cara for the win.

Nice tag match that was dominated by the heels working over the faces.  The faces make the comeback but due to good team work from Team Rhodes Scholars, they get the win.  Not that many dirty tactics from the heel team, displaying their tag team prowess.  I like it.

Foley and Kaitlyn are backstage, looking at a TV showing gameplay of WWE 13.

Mick Foley:  Look at WWE 13, you can be guys in the attitude era!  Look, you can be all 3 faces of Foley, kick CM Punk's butt with all three faces of Foley.  Look, he's going for the socko!

Paul Heyman is stood behind Foley, arms folded:

Paul Heyman:  May I respectfully inquire which three faces of foley deems it appropriate to be talking about video games instead of putting a team together for Survivor Series?

Foley:  Are you suggesting I was shirking my responsibilities as Captain of Team Foley?

Heyman:  Yes

Foley:  It's not an either or proposition Paul.  Do you really think I have to enlist Superstars, that I have to seek them out?

Heyman:  Yes

Foley:  They were lining up to be part of Team Foley.

Heyman:  Lining up?

Foley:  Lining up.  Team Foley is set.

Heyman:  Don't you mean backing up?  Because that'#s what your team is going to have to do for you at SS, is back you up.  Because my dear friend, with all due respect

Foley:  Thank you

Heyman:  You have a target on you.  That target has been placed on you by the reigning, defending WWE Champion CM Punk and his mission now is to personally victimise you at SS and remind you once again that he is the best in the world.

Ad break.

Vince McMahon, along with the entire roster are on the ramp now.

Vince McMahon:  Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to direct your attention to the ring.  Joining John Cena in the ring, Dorothy Jones and Eric Rick.

Cena:  Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen as you know October is National Breast Cancer awareness month.    Susan G. Komen is a clear leader in raising Breast Health Awareness and fighting for a cure.  So when WWE joined this fight, it gave us an unbelievable honour.    You guys know the WWE superstars, sometimes we don't agree with each other.  In fact we never agree with each other, but when it came to this cause, everybody agreed that we should all join together to help the fight.  The one agreement that made all this work is you, the WWE Universe.  We encouraged you to get the gear and join the fight, and you did.  On behalf of WWE, we'd like to donote this cheque for the amount of...  One Million Dollars.  

Dorothy Jones: Oh my goodness I am speechless.  This one million dollars will help continue the progress that Susan G Komen has done for the past 30 years.  This will help with education, prevention, our hearts are eternally, humbly grateful to you.  Thank you John Cena, thank you Cenation, Vince McMahon and everyone.

Cena:  Thank you Dorothy, thank you everyone.  You, ladies and gentlemen have provided the gift of life.  Here, we have true breast cancer survivors and their families.  Thank you for helping us rise above cancer. 

Even though WWE has set up residency up their own arse, they do do some good things.  Good for them.

Alberto Del Rio is out after the ad break, with Rodriguez introducing him of course.  Black scarf this time.  He's set to go one on one against Justin Gabriel.  So I guess Gabriel vs Cesaro was just something for Cesaro to do at the PPV, then.  Anyway.  ADR aggressively shoves Gabriel into the corner and delivers kicks, followed by a snap suplex and count of 0.  Snapmare and kick to the back saw a 1 count.  Gabriel whipped off the ropes ducks ADR and delivers a monkey flip followed by a middle turnbuckle clothesline for a 1 count.  Forearms by Gabriel, is sent to the opposite corner and hits a headscissors, sending ADR outside.  Gabriel hits a jumping baseball slide and more forearms to ADR before sending him back in.  Stiff kick to the head by ADR who slingshots Gabriel's arm on the ropes.  2 count for ADR who goes right back to work on the arm.  Gabriel fights out with punches but is met with a title-the-world backbreaker for 2.  Kick to the back by ADR as Rodriguez applauds.  ADR bends Gabriel's elbow against his shoulder and hits a wrist lock back suplex.  Pin for 2.  ADR back to the arm of Gabriel.  Gabriel back up to his feet but ADR slams him to the mat, head first.  ADR slaps his chest as he does his jumping stomp the back of the head of Gabriel and 2 count, and again back to the arm.  Gabriel makes his way back up with back elbows and ADR goes for another tilt-the-world back breaker but Gabriel spins through and lands a series of kicks, knocking ADR down.  Gabriel goes for a top rope Lionsault for a 2 count.  Gabriel misses a splash in the corner and Del Rio counters with an Enziguri, followed by the Cross Armbreaker for the win.  Del Rio takes his time in letting go as he straddles the top rope, celebrating.  

They seem to be building Gabriel up, slowly but surely.  Good, he's good at what he does.  Ad break.

We're back with Paul E. in the ring

Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman, and I am humbled this evening to present to you not only the WWE Champion, but the man who is on the cover of the WWE 13 video game, and who is unquestionably the best in the world I give to you CM Punk.

CM Punk poses in the ring as pyro goes off above the ring and a big WWE 13 poster reveals itself

What you see here ladies in gentlemen is a larger than life presentation for a larger than life personality who is not only the best in the world but in my humble but most astute opinion, the greatest WWE Champion of all time.  You know Champ, when you asked me to put together team Punk for SS it reminded me that my goal in life is to serve at the behest and at the pleasure of the best in the world, the reigning, defending WWE Champion.  So the first person I named for your team, this man is a box office sensation, a reality show superstar, former WWE and Intercontinental Champion, I give to you, CM Punk, The Miz.

I like The Miz very much, but I wouldn't be blown away by this first pick if I were Punk..

Now, if you think that's awesome, wait 'til you hear this next pick, because I have gotten for team Punk not only a future tag team championship team, but the very next tag team champions, a team that personifies intellectual and physical superiority.  I give to you, my Champion, Team Rhodes Scholars!  

Good pick, good pick.  Fairly strong so far.

Now, here's even more because, sir, I wanted to give someone who could almost be your co-captain, and introducing now to the public for the first time in the English speaking language.  Ladies and Gentlemen, and people of Charlotte, I give to you and I give to you, Alberto Del Rio!

Good team, to be fair.  Big Show would've been a stronger pick for the heel team.

Oh shut up.  Shut up and listen to somebody who knows what he's talking about.  At Survivor Series, there's gonna be a celebration.  a celebration of one year of me being WWE Champion.  And what better way to celebrate than to take a delusional  completely out of his mind, disrespectful so called legend Mick Foley and put him out of his misery.  Mick Foley wants something I have, not the title, even Mick isn't that delusional  he wants my spotlight.  And now the spotlight he craves is gonna cost him two teeth in his head.  At SS I teach Foley about respect,m at Surivor Series I teach Foley how to survive.

Survive, Punk? (foley chant) You wanna talk about survival  you refer to what happened last night at the cell surviving?  See Punk I don't refer to it as surviving, I refer to it as weaseling   I have no problem referring to you as WWE Champion, almost a year.  That';s quite a statistic   What I do have a problem of referring to you as of late is a man.  A man doesn't disrespect the legacy of hell in a cell by enlisting a crooked ref

I know you are missing an ear Mick, which one is your good one, turn that one this way and listen real good I said it earlier and I'll say it again, I have nothing to do with that the ref did, he did his own thing and I did my own thing, now do you have a team or are we going to have to beat you up so you can have a nice day, bang bang bang

No need for that because actually I have a team Punk.  I have a hell of a team for SS.  All these men I would walk to hell with, they have earned my respect over the years.  My first pick is Kofi Kingston

Prediction!  Kingston, Orton, Team Hell No and Ryback.  Done.

I've enlisted a team.  Not just any team, the WWE Tag Team Champions, Team Hell No.

One for one!

The next participant on team foley does not play well with others, hell after what we did to each other a few years ago he still doesn't like me.  Unfortunately for you he doesn't like you lot either.  The Apex predator, Randy Orton!

Two for two!

Hell of a team, Mick.  I'm impressed actually, all champions in their own right.  I'm gonna go ahead and tel you what our plans are right now.  Individually what we're going to do is eliminate everyone but you so I can personally get my hands on you and teach you about respect and what it is to be champion.

That's an excellent game plan punk.  Assuming you could just dispatch of all these champions so easily, I would be the weak link of the team.  But I'm not going to be the weak link, because I won't be competing.  I'll be standing ringside, watching you be decimated by these four men, and this man...

FEED.  ME.  MORE.  Of course it is.

Team Foley and Team Punk brawl in the ring, as Punk makes his way out and up the ramp with Heyman.  Ryback stares him down as he delivers the Meat Hook Clothesline to Rhodes, followed by Shell Shocked.  Huge Goldberg chant.  And that ends Raw for this week.

In closing, I really hoped Ric Flair could return, since Raw was in his hometown, but it wasn't to be.  Overall, I enjoyed this week's edition of Raw, what did you think?  If you made it this far, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment